L’Oréal Active Cosmetics Division
L’Oréal Active Cosmetics Division’s central logistics hub, in Vichy, central France, receives, stores and despatches finished products from division brand plants (La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Sanoflore, Roger&Gallet SkinCeuticals, and CeraVe) to 50 subsidiaries across the globe.
The project at a glance
L’Oréal Active Cosmetics Division’s hub, which has a capacity of 25,000 pallets, previously used a fleet of around a dozen cherry-pickers to complete its annual inventory audit. After successfully trialing the Eyesee inventory drone for part of its 2018 audit, the division deployed the new technology across the entire site. The inventory audit process is now six times more efficient, and the warehouse has switched to a perpetual inventory model.
- Trial the inventory drone solution in real-life conditions
- Improve safety and comfort for operatives performing the inventory
- Avoid having to shut down the hub for three days for the annual inventory audit
- Have employees focus on higher value-added tasks
- Raise customer service standards during the inventory period
2018: solution deployed and operatives trained
2018: annual inventory audit performed in part of the warehouse
2019: Eyesee used regularly as part of a warehouse-wide perpetual inventory model
Inventory process six times more efficient than previous cherry-picker method
Inventory approved by L’Oréal Group auditors
Inventory checked and errors corrected on the fly throughout the year