With our expertise in IBM i (AS/400) environments and information system transformation, we can help you audit, operate, and modernize your legacy information systems. Our teams can also guide you through the process of migrating your applications to new technology platforms.
Comprehensive support for legacy IBM i (AS/400) systems
For more than 30 years, IBM i environments have been the core of many business applications for SMEs and mid-sized firms, on account of their reliability, robustness, and security.
Backed by proven expertise in these environments, Hardis Group offers comprehensive support for your legacy applications:
Audit of your legacy applications to help you decide whether to retain them, to redevelop them, or to replace them with off-the-shelf applications.
Modernization of your application interfaces for an improved user experience (UX).
Shift to modular AS/400 applications (Service-Oriented and/or Event-Driven architecture) so you can design new, IBM i-based digital services to act as your business back-office.
Third-party application maintenance for your IBM i applications, including development and ongoing integration.
Hosting and operation of your IBM i environments in a private cloud (in our data centers) or in the public cloud.
Migration to new technology platforms and gradual decommissioning of your legacy applications.
Tool-based audit of CAVAMAC’s IBM i information system
“This Application Healthcheck enabled us to objectively assess the quality of the code in our legacy application. Using reference metrics, we were able to confirm that the RPG programs and the development processes on IBM i more than met our objectives in terms of code quality and security, traceability and separation of responsibilities.” —Maryse Gauthier, manager of the CAVAMAC IT department.
Modernization of your IBM i (AS/400) applications
- Generation of Java code instead of RPG
- Transformation of 5250 screens to web screens (HTML and CSS)
- Migration from client/server mode to cloud mode
SOA transformation: modular AS/400 applications
- Restructure your IBM i applications as business modules
- Expose the modules as REST web services
- Integrate the web services into web, mobile or tablet applications (technology-independent).
Hosting of your IBM i environments and managed services
- Private cloud hosting in our French data centers
- Migration of your legacy applications to the public cloud
- Managed services to ensure that your IBM i environments are available 24/7 and meet high standards of performance and security
Migrate your AS/400 applications to new technologies
- Identify which applications can be migrated
- Migrate to an off-the-shelf application
- Develop applications on new technology platforms
- Migrate data, run tests, and manage information system integration