As a global specialist in energy management and automation with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including residential and non-residential building, data centers, infrastructure and industry.
The project at a glance
For its 48,000 sq m Newlog DC warehouse, Schneider Electric was looking for an application that would provide real-time insights into performance against its customer promise: to deliver certain orders within two hours. The firm used Vision Insights—an automatic image recognition application that generates a digital twin from input data—to digitize and supervise what had previously been a manual process. The application gives Schneider Electric end-to-end traceability of all pallet flows within its warehouse. The company plans to deploy it at other warehouses.
- Digitizing and optimizing a manual process.
- Automatically recognizing images of pallets stored at loading docks, captured by cameras installed in the warehouse.
- Generating a real-time digital twin of the pallets present at each dock.
- Receiving alerts whenever pallets are left waiting for too long at a dock.
- Joint development of Vision Insights to assess the potential of a new automatic image recognition system for process digitization.
- End-to-end traceability of all pallet flows within the warehouse.
- Real-time insights, via a digital status report, of the number of pallets at each loading dock.
- Alerts whenever a pallet is left waiting for too long at a loading dock.
- Detailed data that can be exploited to support ongoing process optimization.