Alptis is a Lyon-based wholesale broker which, over the years, has developed a management offering for third parties and partnerships covering part of or the entire value chain.
The project at a glance
As part of its strategic plan, Alptis' management approved several strategic directions with a direct impact on its management offering. One of them involves replacing the existing back-office information system, which is based on specific in-house developments, with a software solution to manage individual and collective healthcare and death and disability insurance contracts, as well as borrower's insurance contracts.
Alptis chose Hardis Group to organize, manage and conduct the study phase to help select a solution for managing these contracts for the next 15 years.
"Hardis Group put together a talented team of people with excellent complementary skills in its Insurance and Financial Services BU. We invited Hardis to bid against some major consulting companies. During the selection process and throughout the study phase, we were impressed with the team's in-depth expertise, its methodical approach and real focus on our requirements. Hardis Group's Insurance & Financial Services BU is able to address the strategic challenges presented by upgrading our management information system. This initial fruitful collaboration has led to a long-term partnership with Hardis Group, who will now help us to implement the chosen software solution.” - Jean-Christophe Mercier, Alptis information systems manager
- Choose the management software solution
- Identify and select the solution integrator
- Define a roadmap for deploying the solution (project division, budget, schedule, IS plan)
- Involve the different business departments and IT department teams in the company's transformation project
- Interviews set up with sponsors, managers and IT department to understand and document the strategic objectives and challenges of the back office transformation project
- Overall approach scheduling (projects, schedule, organization, etc.)
- Benchmarking of the main solutions on the market
- Identification of functional and technical requirements, analysis and consolidation in a requirements table
- Production of bid documents
- Detailed evaluation of responses from ISVs and production of a solution selection assistance report
- Preparation and facilitation of workshops with shortlisted ISVs
- Definition of an IS plan, taking into account the specific features of the chosen solution
- Acculturation of internal teams
- Choice of a software solution able to meet Alptis' strategic challenges
- Detailed roadmap for managing the project and implementing the solution
- Strong involvement of different company departments in the project